Grand Bay Building & Development is committed to using building methods and materials that are environmentally friendly. Although “Green” methods continue to evolve each year, Grand Bay strives to be an innovator on this frontier.
- The use of cross ventilation, large covered areas, and overhangs can achieve as much as 20% savings.
- These methods when coupled with high efficiency appliances and systems guarantees added value and peace of mind.
- Utilizing hot water recirculation systems as a standard practice in all custom homes reduces waste while providing hot water immediately to any location throughout the residence.
- Implementing native, drought-resistant plants which eliminates water waste
- Install Insulated/Impact windows that withstand winds up to 140 mph.
- Low E glazing protects the home from ultraviolet light.
- Spray foam insulation is a high performance system that reduces pollution, heat, and allergens from entering the home.
- A/C ducts are protected throughout construction to maintain the quality of the airflow once the interior work is completed.